Friday 14 December 2012

A Genuine Kiwi Rail Experience


All excited about the newest scenic journey that'll take me down to the capital , I made my way into the Britomart station eager to fulfill this one of a kind experience. I quickly realised how fortunate I was to travel on this special journey far from this hustle & bustle, as many Aucklander's dared Monday Blues.





The first impression I got as I walked into the carriages was it's been designed ensuring comfort and enjoyment of travellers as good as it can possibly get. 2Seat - Aisle - 2 Seat (reclining forward facing seats), skylight roof windows, great menu on offer I was certain this would be memorable in every way. Kiwi Rail have excellent arrangements in place with Table Group, a nice way with 4 people around a table allowing for great views through panaromic side and roof windows.

The train has a cafe carriage which serves a range of alcoholic and non - alcoholic drinks, snacks, delicious meals that makes up for a beautiful journey.
 

As we made our way through different suburbs in Auckland we were entertained by commentary of passionate Kiwi Rail crew. On our journey we saw fantastic farmland, picturesque landscapes, viaduct, river gorges.

















One can enjoy the open air viewing carriage of the Northern Explorer and see the world famous Raurimu spiral, an'engineering masterpiece' along with other beautiful sights througout the trip.




As they say every good thing comes to an end, and this experience on the all new Northern Explorer was no different.
   
   4Sightseeing is an agent for Kiwi Rail and would be glad to make bookings on any of their journeys along with rail passes.

   Many thanks to Blue for showing me where to go

Best Wishes,
Yogi

No comments:

Post a Comment